I was doing some research a few weeks ago and I came across something peculiar. A Christmas tradition I had never heard of before called Christmas Adam.
What is this Christmas Celebration?
Christmas Adam is the day before Christmas Eve. It’s named this because Adam came before Eve. So, December 23rd is Christmas Adam.
Rather hilarious, I know!
Another way to think about it….It’s Christmas Eve Eve.
How do you celebrate Christmas Adam?
Christmas Adam is usually celebrated with a Christmas tradition activity. As with any new holiday tradition, the key to a successful Christmas Adam is to make it replicable, so that it can be repeated each year.
You always want to have next year in mind when you are creating a new tradition. (I’m looking at you, Elf on the Shelf!)
What are Some Ideas for Celebrating Christmas Adam?
If you are looking for a fun way to celebrate Christmas Adam, here’s a few fun ideas:
1) Family Movie Night – Cozy up together on the couch with popcorn and hot cocoa and watch a Christmas movie together.
Some of our family’s favorites are: Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. If you have older kids, be sure to check out some of the Hallmark Christmas movies.
2) Bake Cookies – Gather together as a family and do some holiday baking! Sugar cookies are especially fun for little ones as they can help with the rolling out and decorating.
3) Drive Around and Look at Christmas Lights – It’s the perfect night to pile into the car and drive around town looking at all the amazing light displays.
You might be able to incorporate hot cocoa, candy canes, or eating at a favorite restaurant together to extend the fun.
More Ideas for Celebrating This Fun Christmas Tradition
4) Go Caroling – Gather together with a few other families and go sing a favorite Christmas carol. Consider visiting elderly friends or singing at a nursing home.
Singing Christmas Carols together will put your family in the holiday spirit and bring joy to others at Christmas time.
5) Appetizer Night – I’m always looking for an excuse to do an appetizer night and this is a great one! Dine on all of your favorite finger foods and enjoy one another’s company.
If you are looking for excellent gluten free appetizers try these Grilled Buffalo Wings or White Queso Dip. This Restaurant Quality Salsa and this Jalapeno Popper Dip are both easy and delicious appetizers.
Invite some guests and who knows….maybe you’ll be known for your Christmas Adam parties! What a great way to have a good Christmas Adam.
6) Give a Small Gift – Many people celebrate with a small gift. Some ideas are Christmas socks or new Christmas pajamas.
Alternatively, you might let the kids each choose one small gift from under the Christmas tree. (This is our family’s favorite tradition.)
Regardless of the way that you choose to celebrate, Christmas Adam is a night to spend time with the ones you love and enjoy some fun together before Christmas day.
This Christmas tradition can help family members build a closer bond through special activities and quality time spent together as a family during the holiday season.
For more Christmas Tradition ideas, check out my article 40 Family Christmas Traditions.
Merry Christmas Eve Eve! Or rather, Happy Christmas Adam!