Looking for a fun printable acorn craft for kids? This free acorn template makes this fall craft so easy!
It’s Fall Y’all! Fall is one of my favorite times of the year!
Here in Illinois, the air is crisp and the leaves are turning all different shades of beautiful colors!
We’ve enjoyed lots of fun Fall crafts including this cute Paper Squirrel. I decided to add an easy Acorn Craft to our art projects agenda!
This free printable acorn template makes this craft super fast and simple. Kids can practice their fine motor skills, cutting skills, and more!
You can also use this acorn template for other ideas – but I’m going to show you what we did with it!
** Disclaimer: As an Etsy associate and as an Amazon.com Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases made by readers clicking my affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
Supplies for Printable Acorn Craft
For this fun Acorn Craft you will need the following items:
- The Free Printable Acorn Template – found at the end of this tutorial.
- Brown Paint (We used a small jar from Cra-Z-Art since it was what I had on hand. But Crayola Washable Paint is usually my go-to brand for quality).
- Brown Watercolor Paint – we used a basic Crayola watercolor set for kids
- Paint Brush
- Pom pom – color doesn’t matter
- Paper Plate
- Glitter (Because we like to live on the edge like that. My floors always sparkle…whether I’ve cleaned recently or not. LOL)
- Scissors – if you plan to cut the acorn out!
If you’ve got your supplies ready – it’s time to make an easy acorn craft!
How to make Easy Preschool Acorn Craft
To make this cute acorn craft, we printed out the free acorn template onto white paper.
Next, I gave my child watercolor paints and told her to paint the bottom section of the acorn brown.
Alternatively, you could have your child color the bottom of the acorn brown.
Next, pour a little bit of brown washable paint on a paper plate.
Clip the pom pom onto the end of the clothespin.
Dip the pom pom into the brown paint.
Then dot the top of the acorn with brown paint.
Before the brown paint dries, lightly sprinkle a bit of glitter on the top portion of the acorn.
If you like, your kids can cut their acorns out after they are finished drying.
Too cute! I love how this project sparkles. What a great way to celebrate fall!
More Ideas for this Acorn Printable
This free acorn picture is great for any of your fall season crafts.
Here’s a few more ideas for next time:
– Use it as an acorn coloring page – this free printable can be used as simple coloring sheets for your fall theme.
– Glue little bits of brown tissue paper to the printable acorn, instead of painting it.
– Glue torn pieces of construction paper to the free acorn templates to create a one of a kind acorn. I’d recommend dark brown paper at the top and tan at the bottom.
– Color the entire acorn and then add glitter to the top by following the acorn pattern with glue.
– Use the acorn shapes as an acorn stencil. Kids will have so much fun tracing around them with chalk or markers to make fun fall-themed crafts.
Get the Free Printable Acorn Templates
Ready to make your own acorn art?
You can download the free acorn printable template pdf file below.
Just click the black download button….and then get ready for your own acorn craft ideas!
More Fall Crafts and Activities for Kids
Looking for more fall craft ideas and activities?
These Squirrel Paper Crafts make the perfect fall craft. Kids will love that the acorn and squirrel tail move with the help of a paper fastener. What fun crafts for kids!
You can get some free Fall Leaf Templates here. These printable coloring pages are perfect for the autumn season and great for your own fall art projects and kids crafts.
This Marble Paint Pumpkin craft is perfect for kindergarten students and younger kids. The printable templates make this fun fall craft super simple.
There’s a fun Fall Sensory Bin idea here. This simple play idea combines the beautiful colors of fall with a simple imaginative play idea.
Don’t miss this big list of Harvest Activities. There’s so many fall activity ideas including sensory play, cute coloring pages, craft templates, and more to teach about the changing seasons.
This Fall Corn Craft is a fun way to teach kids about Harvest time. It’s also perfect for your bulletin board for the entire harvest season!
Also, you can find a huge list of Apple Activities for Kids here. So many creative ways and fun ideas to celebrate apple season.
And finally, don’t miss this Apple Stamping Basket craft. It’s the perfect activity for apple picking season. Kids of all ages will enjoy this fun activity that uses real apples to print onto the free apple basket printable.
Want to save this printable acorn craft for later? Pin the image below to your Fall Activities board on Pinterest.
** Disclaimer: As an Etsy Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases made by readers clicking my affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
Fall Preschool Learning Pack
Looking for some more fun fall activities for kids?
This Preschool Learning pack from my Etsy shop is perfect for teaching little ones!
There’s tracing, number recognition, scissor skills, patterns, counting and more.
There’s even a fun cut and paste pumpkin wagon craft!
Get your Fall Preschool Activities Pack here.