Kids say the funniest things, so today I’ve compiled 48 Funny Questions to Ask Kids. It’s fun to ask children questions to prompt their opinions and see how they perceive the world.
I hope these Funny Kid Questions bring about some humor and laughs with your kids!
These funny questions for kids are perfect for personalizing a gift or card. They are also fun for memory books, baby books, a funny questionnaire for kids, or sharing on social media. You might enjoy taking a video while asking your child some of these questions.
You are welcome to post the fun questions to ask kids on social media if you would like to share your child’s responses with friends and family.
So let’s get started!
Here’s 48 funny questions to ask a kid.
1) If you had a parrot, what would you teach him to say?
2) If you could paint our house, what color would it be?
3) What does Mommy’s Laugh sound like?
4) If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
5) What is Mommy afraid of?
6) How did Daddy get so tall?
7) Who is older? Mommy or Daddy?
8) What is Daddy’s job?
9) What is the best thing about Mommy?
10) What is the funniest thing about Daddy?
11) What is Mommy’s job?
12) Who gives the best hugs in our family?
13) Who is the best cook?
14) What is Daddy afraid of?
15) What is the funniest thing you have ever seen?
16) How old is grandma/grandpa?
17) What does grandma/grandpa do for fun?
18) What is grandma/grandpa the best at?
19) What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?
20) What was the worst thing that has ever happened in your life?
21) If you could go anywhere in the world today, where would you like to go?
22) Where do you think Mommy would like to go today, if she could go anywhere in the world?
23) What is the hardest rule we have in our family?
24) What new rule would you like to make for our family?
25) What rule should we get rid of?
26) What do you get in trouble for most often?
27) What makes someone smart?
28) How can you be kind to someone?
29) What is the worst thing you have ever tasted?
More Funny Kid Questions
30) What is the best thing you have ever eaten?
31) If you worked really hard and won an award, what do you think it would be for?
32) How do you know it is lunch time?
33) What makes Mommy happy?
34) If you could have any animal for a pet, what would you pick?
35) What animal would Mommy pick for a pet?
36) When you grow up, what kind of vehicle would you like to drive?
37) What do you want to be when you grow up?
38) What should Daddy be when he grows up?
39) What does Daddy like to do for fun?
40) What is Mom’s favorite food?
41) How old is Mommy?
42) What is Mommy the best at doing?
43) Would you rather have to share a room with your brother or a room with Daddy? Why?
44) If you had to name 3 dogs, what would you call them?
45) If you were an inventor, what would you create?
46) What is the best thing about our family?
47) What do you want to be when you grow up?
48) What is the best gift a kid could get on their birthday?
These silly questions for kids are great for prompting funny answers from your child and of course for learning more about how your child perceives their world. You can use these questions as conversation starters after school, on car rides, or when you find yourself waiting in a line. If you teach you might like to have funny questions to ask students.
I’m always surprised at how my kids perceive their world. Here’s a few funny kid quotes and antics from my home.
Funny Kid Stories
Xander (looking at his little sister): What’s on her face mom?
Me: I don’t know, probably food.
Ruby: It’s my beak! I have a beak right here! (Pointing to her mouth and nose)
She does eat like a bird. LOL
Here’s another one.
Me: The dog was happy when I gave him water, and he licked me! Xander: Why?
Me: Because that’s how dogs say thank you!
Xander: Can I have a drink?
Me: Sure! (I feel him lick my shirt) …Did you just lick me???
Kids are weird. When they aren’t licking me, they are licking the window. Is there anything that can prepare you for the oddities of parenting?
Ruby: Mommy, I’m Sick!
Me: Oh no! What’s wrong?
Ruby: I’m not wrong. I’m sick!
I love how children can take a normal conversation and turn it on its head! Normal every day life is so funny with little ones around!
I hope you found some parenting humor and some laughs! Now go and create some memories of your own with your kids!
Grab a free printable copy of the 48 Funny Questions to Ask Kids and start the fun!
You can find the free funny kid questions printable in my Resource Library which is free to all of my email subscribers.
Join my Email list today and grab this funny kids questions freebie along with plenty of FREE fun printable activities for kids including play dough mats, scavenger hunts, printable roads for toy cars, and more!
For More Laughs You Might Like:
Funny Kid Stories from Parents
Funny Parenting Stories: “Relaxing” at the Pool
Parenting Humor – Road Trips and Bathroom Banter